Please click here to find a list of and opening times for your local pharmacies across Medway this Easter: kent_medway_community_pharmacy_opening_times_easter2017
A&E departments are extremely busy over the holiday period and should only be used in a genuine emergency- please remember to use alternatives in the first instance where possible.
You can check your symptoms and seek medical advice using NHS 111 or the Health Help Now app/ website- visit http://kent.healthhelpnow.nhs.uk/or the app store. The free Health Help Now website and app enables people to check their symptoms and search for local health services. As well as recommending options for treatment, Health Help Now can provide opening hours of pharmacies and walk-in centres with maps and directions.
The minor injury units in Gravesend, Sittingbourne and Sheppey are open at weekends, and patients can walk in between 8am-8pm. GP-led walk-in centres are also open at weekends in Northfleet and Gillingham . (Full details and opening times below).
For a list of pharmacies covering Kent and Medway please click here: kent_medway_community_pharmacy_opening_times_easter2017
Please note that while some pharmacies are directed by NHS England to open on Easter weekend, others may open voluntarily, and patients are advised to check by phone if the pharmacy is open before travelling
If you don’t have internet access or a smartphone, and need health help when it’s not an emergency, NHS 111 can give you free health advice, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can also seek advice from pharmacists and take advantage of NHS walk-in centres and minor injury units which are open most days except Christmas day.
Minor injury units and walk-in centres
Trained nurses at minor injury units (MIUs) can assess and treat cuts, sprains, minor burns, minor dislocation of the fingers and toes, minor eye injuries and remove foreign bodies from, for example, ears and noses.
MIUs cannot treat babies under one year old. MIUs are open every day of the year.
- Gravesham Community HospitalBath Street, Gravesend, DA11 0DG. Phone: 01474 360816. Open 8am-8pm, every day of the year.
- Sittingbourne Memorial Hospital: Bell Road, Sittingbourne, ME10 4DT. Phone 01795 879100. Open 9am-9pm, every day of the year.
- Sheppey Community Hospital: Plover Road, ME12 3LT. Phone: 01795 879100. Open 9am-9pm, every day of the year.
GP-led walk-in centres
Walk-in centres are staffed by health professionals that will see you without an appointment if you have an urgent concern.
Open from 8am-8pm and you don’t need an appointment to see a GP or a nurse.
- White Horse GP Walk-in Centre: Vale Road, Northfleet, Kent, DA11 8BZ. Phone: 0300 0300 000. Open every day except Christmas Day and Easter Sunday.
- Medway GP Walk-in Centre: Ground floor, Balmoral Gardens Healthy Living Centre, Balmoral Gardens, Gillingham, ME7 4PN. Phone: 01634 331177. Open 365 days of the year.
- Sheppey NHS GP Walk-in Centre: Sheppey Community Hospital, Plover Road, Minster-On-Sea, Sheerness, ME12 3LT. Phone: 01795 879199. Open 365 days of the year.
For emergency dental care, contact your own dentist first. At evenings, weekends and bank holidays (8.30am-1.25pm) you can call DentaLine on 01634 890300
Mental Health Support
Free confidential emotional advice and guidance is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from the Mental Health Matters helpline on 0800 107 0160. The Samaritans are also there to listen at any time of day or night and can be reached by dialling 116 123.