Congratulations go to a Medway nurse for having her dedication recognised at the Practice Nurse Conference.
Angela Cornell, an Advanced Nurse Practitioner at Sunlight Centre Surgery in Gillingham was named runner up in the Paula Carr Diabetes Category at the recent Kent and Medway General Practice Nurse Awards.
Sarah Vaux, Chief Nurse at Medway Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “Angela was nominated by one of her colleagues, because of her tireless work, gentle persistence and enabling approach to diabetic care.
“Angela’s efforts will have helped improve a great many lives and on behalf of all at the CCG I send our warmest congratulations.”
The winners were announced at the Practice Nurse Conference last month, but as Angela was unable to attend, friends at the practice witnessed her presentation during a visit from Sarah Vaux.
For more press information, please contact:
Andrew Metcalf, Rachel Knight or Erica Jones at Maxim
T: 01892 513033
E: Andrew@maxim-pr.co.uk / Rachel@maxim-pr.co.uk / Erica@maxim-pr.co.uk
Or email email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- Medway CCG is responsible for planning and buying local NHS services, for the patient population of 295,223 across Medway.
- Medway CCG’s main role is to plan and buy health services across the Medway towns. It works closely with patient groups, local public health, social care and voluntary sector partners to make sure the right services are available at the right time.
- The CCG is one of 211 in the country, the Medway CCG is made up of GPs, other healthcare professionals and experienced commissioners dedicated to making Medway a healthier place to live.
- It is committed to developing a strong clinically-led organisation that puts the needs of Medway residents at the heart of its decisions.
- Medway Clinical Commissioning Group has a governing body made up of local GPs, a registered nurse and several lay members, all working with a network of health professionals across the area.