This summer we are hosting three engagement events to gather views on the future of health and care in Medway, and we want to hear your views.
We are holding two public engagement events focusing on the provision of urgent care in Medway. You are welcome to attend on either:
9th August, 6:30 – 8:30pm, Priestfield Stadium, Redfern Avenue, Medway, ME7 4DD
5th September, 6:30 – 8:30pm, St Georges Hotel, 8 New Road, ME4 6BB
At these meetings we will:
- Discuss proposals to create a new urgent care centre at Medway Maritime Hospital
- Look at how you and your family will receive urgent care in the future – when you need immediate medical help or advice which is not a life-threatening situation
- Hear about improvements to NHS 111 and about plans to extend access to GP services 7 days a week
And one engagement event to discuss the Medway Model – a new partnership approach to delivering care and supporting wellbeing in Medway which helps people stay healthy longer, and makes sure care is better joined up and takes place closer to home.
13th September 13:30 – 16:30, Holiday Inn, Rochester, Maidstone Road, ME5 9SF
This event will include expertise from primary care, social care, the local authority and mental health to talk about how we can work better in partnership. The meeting will give people a chance to:
- understand how GP practices are planning to work together across local areas and what difference it will make to patients
- hear how services are joining up in your area to get better at providing the care you need locally
- hear about innovations in technology to improve local care
- tell us what you want from local care in the future
There will also be information about the wider plans for transforming health and social care services across Kent and Medway as part of the Kent and Medway Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP).
The events are free, but please register your attendance using the links below:
September 13th (Medway Model)
Please tell us whether you have any special requirements when you register.
Don’t forget: we also have our public discussion: Supporting Older People in Medway on the 26th July. There still spaces available for this and you can find more details by clicking here.
For further information please contact the communications and engagement team at Medway CCG.
tel: 01634 335111
Medway Clinical Commissioning Group